Study online / distance
The Professional Children's Writing course will teach you how to be a better writer, how to write for the different children's book genres and age groups, and how to market your stories so that editors will publish them.
One of the best things about this course is that it was initially developed for Australian College by one of Australia's most successful children's authors, Margaret Clarke.
- Children's Fiction Writer
- Children's Non-Fiction Writer
- Children's Picture Book Writer
- Children's Chapter Book Writer
- Children's Short Story Writer
Unit 1 - Foundations of Children’s Writing
Reading 1 - So You Want to Write for Children
Reading 2 - Getting Ideas for Stories
Reading 3 - Writing Picture Books
Reading 4 - Writing Chapter Books
Unit 2 - Creating and Writing
Reading 1 - Creating Living Characters
Reading 2 - Writing Fun Non-Fiction for Children
Reading 3 - Genre Writing and Teen Fictions
Reading 4 - Writing for an Education Market
Unit 3 - Children's Writing Industry
Reading 1 - Manuscript Editing
Reading 2 - Getting Published
Reading 3 - Books, Contract and Payment
Reading 4 - Promoting your Children's Book
- Access to a computer with word processing, PDF reader capabilities and an internet connection
- A good command of written English
- Ability to allocate appropriate study hours per week
If you have these essential requirements, then you can get started immediately.
"During the course I was working full-time and even had a baby! I would recommend the college to anyone who needs to study at their own pace, not the at the pace of the college!"
Yvonne Clarke, 13th August 2013
Begin your Writing career today
- Enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free