Smart and Skilled
Australian College is a Smart and Skilled Training Provider. This training is subsidised by the NSW Government. Eligibility criteria apply. You can find out more about this initiative at the Smart and Skilled website or by calling 1300 772 104.
Smart and Skilled Course Information
Details of our approved qualifications are:
- BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
- BSB20215 Certificate II in Customer Engagement
- ICT20115 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- SIT20116 Certificate II in Tourism
- FNS30315 Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- BSB30215 Certificate III in Customer Engagement
- SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness
- SIT30216 Certificate III in Travel
- FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
- FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
- BSB40615 Certificate IV in Business Sales
- SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- BSB42615 Certificate IV in New Small Business
- FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
These qualifications are available under a range of subsidised programs from the NSW Government including:
- Smart and Skilled Apprenticeships and Traineeships Program
- Smart and Skilled Entitlement Full Qualifications Program
- Smart and Skilled Targeted Priorities Full Qualifications Program
For the most current information regarding these programs please contact the main office on 02 9386 2500.
(This is a general guide only, students are advised to contact us to discuss their eligibility for the various programs available, and can also check their eligibility on the Smart and Skilled website. This section helps you to check your eligibility for this NSW Government subsidy):
The individual either lives or works in New South Wales, and is:
- an Australian citizen, a permanent Australian resident, a humanitarian visa holder or a New Zealand citizen, and
- be aged 15 years or older, and
- no longer be at school.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students who do not live or work in New South Wales but live in specific defined interstate New South Wales border areas are eligible for government-subsidised training under Smart and Skilled. For more information please contact the main office.
From the first of January 2015, all students participating in Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). We are required by Commonwealth legislation to have this number recorded for your training and cannot enrol new students without this number. If you do not have a USI, you can find more information on obtaining one here. Your USI may be used for reporting Training Activity Data to the Department.
Please refer to our Smart and Skilled Fee Information PDF.
Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfer
Students may be eligible for RPL or Credit Transfer. For more information on how to apply for this please see our Recognition of Prior Learning and Credit Transfers page or contact us.
Consumer Protection Information
We will ensure all students and potential students are well informed of their rights as consumers and given a clear avenue for complaint. Please refer to the following documents and links for further information or our main office on 02 9386 2500 for further information.
- Smart and Skilled website - Consumer protection for students
- Students can also contact the Smart and Skilled information hotline on 1300 772 104
Australian College Policies and Procedures
- Code of Practice
- Equity and Access Policy and Procedure
- Fees and Refunds Policy and Procedure
- Accurate and Accessible Information Policy and Procedure
- Reasonable Adjustment Policy and Procedure
- Student Information and Protection Policy and Procedure
- Disputes, Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure
- Plagiarism Policy and Procedure
Support and Assistance for Students
Australian College offers a variety of support for students including training and assessment resources, as well as assistance and advice for studying, or confidential personal support for students experiencing situations that make study difficult.
Australian College Contact Details
Phone: 1300 783 283 or 02 9386 2500
Smart and Skilled contact details
Phone: 1300 772 104
Begin your career today
- Enrol anytime
- Customised payment options
- Graduate 100% debt-free